Monday, March 1, 2010

Solitude

I always used to see this word as one fancy term…A term which describes loneliness in rather fashionable manner. But that was only till the time I came across its real meaning. I started coming across instances which made this word even clearer and dearer to me. So here I am, sharing my perceptions and definitions of the word ‘Solitude’…

When you are in a mood to share something with your friends/family/colleagues…you start telling them enthusiastically only to realize that they are too busy to lend a ear…and you stop abruptly…you suddenly feel alone…that’s solitude.

When you get some good news about a friend and you feel that every friend of yours should know this to share your joy. You call up each one of them share that news only to know that they already knew it and did not tell you assuming you must be knowing it… that disappointment is solitude.

Its 8 pm and you are still in your office. Yes there is a lot of work. But it can be done the next day also. Still even after everybody has left, you are sitting alone in your office looking for more work…Amidst the empty cubicles you trying to burry yourself in work…that’s solitude.

Playing in sea…all your friends are enjoying it to the fullest. You drift away and watch them from a distance…as if you are not one of them…And drifting away looks like a preferable option to you. That craving to become invisible is solitude.

When you get plenty of time to think all by yourself and recollect all happy and sad times and you come up with different definitions of trivial words like solitude…believe me…its solitude.

I think everyone experiences the solitude at some point in life. Though it comes across as a gloomy and endless state, it’s unavoidable and at times it’s not that bad. For me, the feeling has a silver line as it just made me realize that I want to have someone, who is truly mine in life…seems only then I’ll stop finding new definitions of solitude.

6 comments:

Vivek said...

Hey....Gud definitions f solitude....
Wen u want 2 share smthing wid sum1 who matters d most in ur life nd u cant share d same wid dat sum1 4 sum or d other reason, then its also solitude...
Right???

Shubhada Rajam said...

@Vivek: very true...involuntary aloofness, like in this case, leads to solitude

K said...

ting ting !!!
do I here wedding bells here ?
:):)
heheh

Shubhada Rajam said...

@kau: hahaha..not yet re...but seems like a confused state of mind just before something like that happens...chickenpox have taken their toll on me :D

Rahi said...

@ ur reply on kau's comment :- I am sure that something will happen very soon........

Shubhada Rajam said...

@Rahi...No hurry at all yaar :)Solitude need not be gloomy always...I'm pretty happy in finding out new meanings of solitude :)